Running Shoe Try-Outs

I'm about to change running shoes. Ultimately I'm looking for a move to a more minimalist ride, but with a half marathon looming.. I'll take anything that will see me into that kind of distance comfortably. These are the models I'll be trying:
(I'll add comments after they've been tried-out)

Nike Free Run +2

Reason: They appear to be for someone wanting a more natural ride.
Result: From reading some comments on the Nike website, I ordered half a size up in a 10.5. However when they arrived they were still tight. They felt better when I removed the insole. However while the left shoe was comfortable, the right was not as happy. I considered ordering a pair of ID's where you can have a wide fitting, but to be honest, I didn't like the feel of them enough to warrant doing that for an extra £20. For a shoe I had high hopes for, it was a little disappointing that they are not for my feet. They got sent back.

Inov-8 Road-X 255

ReasonThey appear to be for someone wanting a more natural ride.
Result: I've got a wide'ish foot so was concerned that these would be too tight. They are tight across the mid foot, but a good amount of toe room. I liked how they felt walking and feel they would give a bit over time. I'll test these and the others on the treadmill. They are definitely a contender. UPDATE: Got the next size up and although still a little tight over the midfoot, they still are far and away the most comfortable to wear. Mostly because they feel like an extension of my foot, they are not trying to control me, but work with me. The sole underneath is as close as damn it mimicing my natural foot stike/gait. I'll be stuffing them with paper to stretch out the midfoot a little, but that's a small price to pay for the way they work with me. They are the WINNER!!!

Saucony ProGrid Kinvara 2

Reason: They appear to be for someone wanting a more natural ride.
Result: Absolutely loved the mesh material that makes up the top. It just moulded to my foot and felt very comfortable. However, I didn't like the way it felt like the shoe, through the cycle, promoted my foot to move inwards towards the middle/end. So although there was a lot I liked, they got a no.

Saucony ProGrid Omni 10

Reason: Although still a supportive choice, they have been recommended to me.
Result: Although the fit was nice and they had been recommended, I decided that I was ultimately supposed to be moving away from all this cushioning. So they got a no.

Saucony ProGrid Mirage

Reason: Although still a supportive choice, they looked worth trying.
Result: These are the shoes I was least confident about. But I was surprised at was a nice fit they were, bar one thing, they are cut quite tight on the little toe side. So it would have been a breeding ground for blisters. If they were a little wider in that area, I'd have had problems in deciding. They got a no.

Adidas Adistar Salvation 3

Reason: Runners World said these should suit heavier wider footed runners. Well, that's me!
Result: These were very surprising too. If I was looking for a shoe that made my foot stay rock solid in the same position, these would be it. They controlled the foot very well, I would have been happy with these as my first shoe (and... well... they look good too!). However, on testing them, I didn't feel the stability in the midfoot/forefoot landing that I'm now happy with. There was a lot of continuing to roll forwards. When I land my foot, I want it planted and to stay there. So they got a no.

Vibram FiveFingers Bikila LS

Reason: The ultimate in minimalist running. It's worth a shot, see what they are like.
Result: M42 was too small for me! Nooooooo! And I was so looking forward to trying these babies. I'm so happy with the Inov-8's that I wont be ordering a new size, they are a definite for the future though.