Recent favorite runs

Some recent runs to note for various reasons

Date: 30/03/2012
Pace/Type: Tempo
Course:
Lunchtime 5 mile 
Shoes: Invo-8 Road-X 255
Clothes: SS top. Shorts.
Distance: 4.91 miles
Time: 42:32

Comments: Went for a run with the lads at lunchtime. It was the first time I've been able to beat everyone back to the finish with a last mile of 6:29:6. Felt good, I was able to hold a conversation at points in the run that I've never been able to before, and had energy in the tank coming to the finish.







Date: 31/03/2012
Pace/Type: Tempo
Course:  Home. Road.
Shoes: Invo-8 Road-X 255
Clothes: SS top. Shorts.
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 32:22

Comments: Following the success of the run above, wanted to see how fast I could do the home 4 mile route. Went well, was pleased with the time.







Date: 31/03/2012
Pace/Type: Tempo
Course:  Home. Road.
Shoes: Invo-8 Road-X 255
Clothes: SS top. Shorts.
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 32:22

Comments: To give some perspective, I'd run 7 days in a row (first time ever), 2 days before the first run above. So I had 2 days off then did the above 2 runs. Then I thought the following day I'd go for an easy around the home route. So.. ignore the spiking at the end, I forgot to press stop! What was interesting happened at about 33 mins. I completely hit my first ever wall. Everything started hurting. It wasn't about food or water, but about my legs had had enough. I'd found my limit. Weirdly I was pleased. I'd met a new friend, that for sure I would see again, but not someone to be afraid of.