Minimalist DIY - The End

Previously I'd posted about modifications to my Inov8 running shoes and the results of running in them.

Well I've done 45 miles in them, and they've been slowly disintegrating:

Just like any normal running shoe
Only I cut the sole off

They run fine, but the soft foam is giving out

And getting worse

Ok up top, shot underneath! 

Totally shagged


So I sent them to the great running shoe graveyard in the sky. However, I'm now out of running shoes! So I ordered a pair of Merrell Trail Gloves and I'd long been looking at (as a temporary replacement for my Luna Sandals, which are in for repair):

Merrell Trail Glove
Then... would you believe it, the Merrells got delivered at the same time as my Luna's:


Which was very very lucky, as the Merrells were too tight across the mid-foot and my foot felt kind of rocked on the sole, indicating that I wouldn't get a flat landing. As I've said before, the gait is to be protected at all times. So I've sent them back.



No comments: