Run Review

Date: Tues 01/03/2011
Time: 7pm
Weather: Cloudy. 3c.
Pace/Type: Easy
Course: Home course. Road.
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 (Meduim, Support, D Width)
Clothes: Adidas long sleeve zip neck top with training top underneath. Adidas Tights.
Health: Good
Distance: 5 miles
Time: Not timed
Comments: For the first mile it felt like I was dealing with a lot of niggles. I focused on my form but was unsure how it was going to go. From mile 2 I settled into the run and niggles went away, form was good. The last 2 miles there were lots of other runners out, most of which I passed. It seems that the form my legs like is a good pace where I'm using a bit more power than I was using. At points I was also trying to slow slightly but keep the same form, which went well.

During miles 3-5 I really was reminded why I do it, it felt great. No niggles at all the following day, which is great news.

The change in form (which is probably what I was doing before xmas, when it was all going so well, but forgot about) is sort of like, right in the middle of slow jogging and running full out (like running from something). That's the best way I can describe it. There's a lot more forward power being used in the legs. It seems to have done the trick. Fingers crossed.

No comments: