I found it. Again.

I’ve previously talked about how important running form is [christ, change the record already Matt]. And there have been many occasions where I believe I found the correct form. But it’s also worth saying that I’ve read a lot of different books on the subject, where they recommend different styles.

Since moving to Luna Sandals, I’m still looking for the [almost] barefoot form to go with them. Running through the sunny countryside this lunchtime I was doing the usual little corrections here and there trying to find what worked.

I’ll just do this… and I’ll just try that… [then] Wait a minute! This is it!

It was one of those moments where it all came togeather. It’s what Ken Bob Saxton has been trying to tell me in his book. I felt as light and easy as Anton Krupicka. As has been proven to me a lot lately, it’s easier to maintain a new form you’ve only just found, on a road rather than trail. For the most part the rest of the run was on tarmac, which was good.

On the way back I was caught up by a colleague. He said ‘Where have your shoes gone?!’ I offered my standard reply ‘They broke, and I’ve not got any money for a new pair!’

No comments: