The Holy Beast

I’ve talked previously about how running fits [or doesn’t, sometimes] into family life here.

Which is why I’m such a fan of lunchtime running at work. The impact on family/home life is minimal. Also, if you’ve got the benefit of flexi-working hours, you can also get those longer runs in. Talking of which…

In my quest for longer long runs, I’ve started upping the distance at lunchtimes. Which has made me look at alternative routes around the Cotswold countryside. Yesterdays route took in 3 smaller routes.

I name thee The Holy Beast

Two reasons:

  1. If you look from the air, it resembles a holy cross.
  2. At the last hill, you’re not human unless you utter ‘Holy Fu**’ under your breath.
  3. It’s a beast of a run…

Here are the stats:

theholybeast1_splits I’m more than happy with 9.something m/m over 11ish miles. Pace has been an issue lately, but with new found form, I seem to be able to push it more.
Don’t remember stopping for a wee half way round!? But the garmin thinks I did! theholybeast1_speed
theholybeast1_map It’s like one of those cards with a blob on it and they ask what you see… First I saw a church cross, but second I saw a bird with long tail feathers.

No comments: