Shoes hide issues

I went through quite a long period during summer of walking barefoot at home, and around the office in sandals when I could, to get my feet used to no support or cushioning.

When I do wear my work shoes to get to work, then walk around the office in socks, the difference in what I can feel in my feet and legs is massive. I’m so much more aware, in just the socks, of where I have tight spots in my feet and lower legs. I’d have no idea otherwise.

Back when I was running in shoes with a lot of cushioning, not only were the muscles in my lower legs not being engaged properly, but when I’d finished, I’d put on my work shoes and have no idea what the state of the whole setup was below the knee afterward either.

The truth was, certain muscles were being over used, and it wasn’t until I stretched one time, that the tibialis posterior tendons in both legs called time and gave out. They’d done far too much, but of course, I had no idea there was a problem until it was too late.

No comments: