Run Review

Date: Sun 06/02/2011
Time: 2.30pm
Weather: Overcast. 10c.
Pace/Type: Easy
Course: Home course. Road.
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 (Meduim, Support, D Width)
Clothes: Adidas Response long sleeve zip neck top, plus puma training top underneath. Adidas Tights.
Health: Virus
Distance: 2.4 miles
Time: Not timed
Comments: I was going to stick to the bike tonight. But honestly even though I'd taken the kids to a fun house and we'd all got really sweaty, I couldn't stop myself from going out for a short run, just to test the water. I'd been to the works gym on Friday which felt ok (bike/run/cross trainer). I've also been using lots of ice packs and doing calf stretches and towel sweeps.

I have to say it went really well, hardly felt anything. I was able to relax for the second half of the run, once I knew it was going well. It's fair to say my right leg has completely recovered. However it's the left (stronger) leg that is still recovering. It's not so much shin splints anymore as (according to my research) the tibialis posterior is still sore. Particularly where it joins to the shin and down towards the ankle.

However, today was a step forward in any book. Yay!

No comments: