Goal Focus

Dear running diary,

Since achieving my first goal and signing up for a 10k, I've been thinking about my original goal list, and changed it as follows:

Original Goals:

1. 5K park run by 25th September (being able to run all the way)
2. Lunchtime run with the guys at work (4-5 miles at what looks like a medium pace)
3. 10K?

New Goals:

1. 5K park run by 25th September (being able to run all the way)... DONE!
2. 5M Lunchtime run with the guys at work
3. 10K at the end of november

Spoken to one of the lads at work, he does the 5 miler here in 37 minutes. Wow. He recommends that I start with them, take a short cut and end with them, should be about 3 miles, till I get better. One thing he did say was that he didn't get as quick as he is without having someone to push him. He said he recognises my current 10k goal and thinks I should definately come along. He's right as well, I might make the distance on my own, but if I want a respectable beginners time to go with it, I need to endure some pain along the way.
 
With work collegues like these who needs.... a trainer!

No comments: