Run Review

Dear running diary,

The 10K I'm doing is 3.5 laps of a race track. With that in mind, I thought it best to find myself a nice 2 mile route that I could do 3 laps around. This will get me used to reading my own pace and allow me to easily monitor my progress. Also, 2 miles a lap (3x2=6 miles or 10K'ish) means that I can concentrate on the start, middle and end of the race quite easily.

Run:
Distance: 5K/3.5M
Time: Unknown
Route: Road
Result: Having mapped my 2 mile lap circuit using gmaps, I set off with the intension of doing at least 1.5 laps (3 miles) of the curcuit. First mile went well and my pace was alot better than the park run on saturday. By the time the lap was up I was feeling it a bit. Then during the first half of the 3rd mile, quite a bit of energy came from somewhere, some of the pain went away and I felt good. Stopped at 3.5 mile mark and trotted back. It was lashing it down with rain and windy, so I had to run so I didn't freeze!

I didn't time the run, I don't have a digital watch with a stopwatch yet. I bought one from amazon for the bargain price of £5.68 with free 3-5 day postage. Let the timing begin! Although, I need to concentrate on the distance really.

No comments: