Run Review

Dear running diary,


It was such a lovely evening tonight, hardly any wind, not a cloud in the sky. Got my wife to agree that I would put the kids to bed tomorrow night if she did tonight so I could get a run in before the sun when down.


Run:
Distance: 2.8 miles/4.5K
Time: Unknown
Route: Road, with a steep hill at the first mile marker
Result: Went well. Started with a gentle but decent pace. Couldnt make it right to the top of the hill. Tight right calf after 2 mile marker, walked for 1 minute, ran the rest.


I was looking through some running articles on http://www.runnersworld.co.uk the other day and came across one about motivation. The gist of the article was that keeping the same route can become de-motivational. When I thought about it, that's exactly what has been happening over the last few weeks. Lost sight of my goals and fallen into some monotony.


So tonight I changed the route (with help from http://www.gmap-pedometer.com) to areas I hadn't been before and it's done the trick, felt much more alive round the whole route and afterwards. Cracking.


If I can just knock the walking on the head before 25th Sept, I'll be happy with that experience going in to my first 5K park run.



No comments: