Run Review

Dear Running Diary, 

Bit of a weird running day. I have to say up front that I had a hangover to begin with. Feeling OK'ish about lunchtime, I thought I'd sweat it out during a run. However, a mile down the road, a blister that I'd got on Friday from wearing the wrong socks, started hurting again. The plaster I put on had easily come off. I didn't want to make it worse, so walked the other mile back home.

Disaster.

I did some reading up on the runners world website about blisters and it seemed to be that I was looking for Compeed blister patches. One short trip to Boots and I had a pack.

By the evening, the guilt that I had not achieved my training target (and not burnt off the boozy night before) was too much. I went out again.

Run:
Distance: 4 miles/6.4K
Time: 43:06
Route: Road
Result: Calves we're a bit sore at points, partly due to the disaster at lunchtime, when I didn't even warm up properly. The Compeed patch did it's job very well, I didn't notice a thing. I stopped for a walk 3 times due to the calves, but was happy with the effort I put it at other points.

Looking forward to a solid 4 miles with no stopping next time.


Wed      08/09/2010    Done. 4 Miles.
Fri         10/09/2010    Done. 4 Miles (approx 42-45 mins)
Sun       12/09/2010    Done. 4 Miles (43 mins, with 3 walk stops)

Tues      14/09/2010
Thurs     16/09/2010
Sat        18/09/2010

Up distance to 4.5 miles.

....

No comments: